When underwriters look at a risk, there are several factors that come into play in the pricing portion of the process.
A couple of the major driving factors or driving forces are:
- How long have you actually carried insurance?
- How long have you actually been practicing law?
- What type of law do you practice?
- What areas do you play in?
- Have you ever had a legal malpractice claim?
- Do you really care about risk management?
- What kind of risk management techniques do you have in place in your office?
These are all things that an underwriter will look at that will either cause your premium to go up or cause your premium to go down.